• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Senior wants to sell Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ariel65

What is the name of your state? New York

My father in law passed away approx. 4 years ago and my mother in law is considering selling their summer home. The house is totally paid for and it costs approx. $5000.00 a year to maintain it. She owns no other property and currently lives in a rented apartment. She is 72 years old and I would like to know what the pros and cons of selling this house would be for her. We have suggested that she transfer the house to us and we will pay for it's up keep, with the stipulation that upon her death the house will be divided equally amongst her children if it is sold. We know that she prefers to sell the house, but we would like her to know the pro's and con's of this decision. Any advice is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">