• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sent headlights to be modified to someone, paid through PayPal but they never sent them back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Balleno

Hi all. First off, thanks for reading this thread.

I sent my car's headlights to someone to be modified. I paid them through PayPal. It's been almost two months and they still haven't given a tracking # for them. I understand I may be able to get refunded through PayPal for the money I paid for them to be modified but how would I be able to get my headlights back? Would this apply to a small claims court? PayPal can't force them to send the headlights back and if I were to sue or whatnot, can't they just give me a cheap, broken set of headlights returned?

Thanks for any insight.

PayrollHRGuy

What state(s) are you and the company in.

Odds are you could only sue for the current value of the headlights you sent them. You will have to sue in the state where they are located.

So you would need to decide if it would be worth it.

I'd go ahead and start the claim with Paypal. That might push them off of high center.

Balleno

I'm in GA and they're in DE.

Ah, that's good to know thank you. I'll go ahead and begin the dispute/claim process then. I find it a little shady how they keep procrastinating when it comes to asking for a tracking #.

Thanks again!

PayrollHRGuy

I'm in GA and they're in DE.

Ah, that's good to know thank you. I'll go ahead and begin the dispute/claim process then. I find it a little shady how they keep procrastinating when it comes to asking for a tracking #.

Thanks again!
They can't create a tracking # until they actually do the work and prep it for shipment. They probably haven't started the work yet.

Balleno

They sent photos of them finished a few weeks ago and said they tried to ship them with UPS but that they were "sent back". There were no notes on my door and my leasing office didn't receive anything. I believe UPS attempts three deliveries but I can be wrong. I also asked UPS customer service and they said they see no activity of anyone from their shop name/DE sending anything to my address. My assumption is they didn't start it yet or there may be something wrong with them and they are stalling. I'd totally be fine if they just communicate it instead of lying about them being shipped.

PayrollHRGuy

They are fibbing.

UPS can track a package sent to YOUR address. I think you can even do it yourself if you create an account on their website.

If they had really sent it they would have been happy to give you a tracking number.

Balleno

Yup, exactly what I'm thinking. I did create an account with UPS using their mychoice. No activity being shown and I've checked different dates.

That's what is baffling me. He seems to have a solid reputation and it's why I chose to go with him. I've just given the benefit of the doubt and figured he's been busy with different builds but since he said they were finished and shipped them, why no tracking number?

Ah well. Lesson learned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">