• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentance Calculation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? kentucky

Hello,
I am really looking for some help to figure out a sentence length. My friend was sentenced to 5 years total for a felony charge of wantoned endangerment and a felony charge of assault on a correctional officer. he has been earning 7 days a month "good time" and was credited 228 days because he was in jail before he was sentenced. I would like to know an opinion on how long his sentence would be.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

FlyingRon

Was the wanton endangerment what he was in for when he assaulted the corrections officer or are they together/ You can do the math on the charge, if he has 5 years, you subtract the 224 days and 7 days for every month he's in jail until you hit zero. He has to serve at least 15% of his term (time served counts but not good time) to be eligible to even be considered for parole.

15% of five years is 274 days. So he's got two months before he could even attempt parole. There's no guarantee that he'll get it. People who assault LEO or corrections officers aren't often considered good risks for society. Rehabilitated? Let me see now. I don't know what that word means.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. He was charged with both at the same time. As he was in the police car in handcuffs the officer arresting him started to laugh and make fun of him. Then proceeded to take a snap chat video of him. Therefore my friend was the angry side and spit in the direction of the police officer and the spit landed on his phone. I guess I was told a minimum sentence he will have to serve and I was wondering if the good time and credited time came off the Maximum time or the Minimum time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">