• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentence Regarding Violation of Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WandaWest

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I am being charged with violation of restraining order. I was arrested, spent two days in jail (weekend). I did not violate restraining order, however previously had plans to move away from area because I have restraining order on complainant and just want to be away from him. I would like to move back to California which is my home state (he moved me up here to Oregon to be with him). If I plead no contest to expedite the process, what type of a sentence can I expect? I do not want to plead not guilty and spend more time up here to go to a hearing. Also, will I encounter any objection by the court to moving back home to California right away. Lastly, about ten years ago in Calif. I had a bad break up with a boyfriend then, we went back and forth and he charged me with something...I believe it was a misdemeanor and same thing, I couldn't spend more time and money for a hearing at the time so I pleaded no contest and did community service then. Will this prior situation affect my current situation?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">