• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentencing

• Thread starter RALPH SCHMIDT JR.
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RALPH SCHMIDT JR.

During my sentencing for failure to pay child support (due to a disability), for less than 120 days, does a judge have the right to say :
"That monkeys take care of their young better than I did". Which would then lead me to believe that I was less than a monkey. Is it then within his jurisdiction to humiliate a person who has disabilities and was unable to pay at that time as less than a human being? Knowing that I was disabled and he felt I could do more.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You WERE late with payments. You DID admit this. You mention it is due to your disability. DId you petition the court to amend the original child support order because of your disability prior to this? Are you unable to work BECAUSE of your disability?

The judge, as long as he is unbiased in his judgment, prescribes the conviction/sentence as per the law, can say pretty much what he likes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">