• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Does drug court sanctions and probation techs count for credit for time served?
My husband got in trouble some years back. He was arrested in Iberville Parish, Louisiana then bonded out but while he was waiting to go to court he got arrested in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana. So they ran them together and he was suppose to complete drug court. Well he did not do that and was running for 3 years before being arrested because he had a warrant for his arrest. He has been in jail for almost 9 months now. He went to court in East Baton Rouge Parish and was sentences to 5 years. He has not gone to court yet in Iberville Parish. Can they hold him this long without bringing him to court? Also when they say credit for all time served does that include all jail sanctions he did for drug court and he also was held in jail for an additional 3 months while waiting to go to a 90 day treatment program in a DOC facility so would those 6 months also count as credit for time served? He had an attorney when he was given drug court so should that attorney still be representing him since its the same charges and would that attorney still have all the documents from when he did represent him? Did they just pass a new law that would reduce an prisoners time as long as they are not a habitual offender, had no violent charges, and had no sexual charges? He has not received any new charges at all, these are his only felony convictions, and everytime he has been in jail it was always for these charges. The charges were Poss of Sched 2, Poss of Sched 4, and Drug Paraphernalia. Please help. I have two kids and were on our own with no help but the worst part is that my 2 year old has already had open heart surgery and has to have another operation on his heart so I am unable to work. I filed for SSI Disability for my son but of course he was denied so I just filed the appeal. This is really hard. I am the one who had my husband arrested without him knowing I did it because he needed to get this over with and behind him while our kids are still young. Thank you so very much.

Last edited:

quincy

Does drug court sanctions and probation techs count for credit for time served?
My husband ... got in trouble some years back. He was arrested in ... Louisiana then bonded out but while he was waiting to go to court he got arrested in another area of Louisiana. So they ran them together and he was suppose to complete drug court. Well he did not do that and was running for 3 years before being arrested because he had a warrant for his arrest. He has been in jail for almost 9 months now. He went to court in one parish and was sentences to 5 years. He has not gone to court yet in the other parish. Can they hold him this long without bringing him to court? Also when they say credit for all time served does that include all jail sanctions he did for drug court and he also was held in jail for an additional 3 months while waiting to go to a 90 day treatment program in a DOC facility so would those 6 months also count as credit for time served? He had an attorney when he was given drug court so should that attorney still be representing him since its the same charges and would that attorney still have all the documents from when he did represent him? Did they just pass a new law that would reduce an prisoners time as long as they are not a habitual offender, had no violent charges, and had no sexual charges? Ben has not received any new charges at all, these are his only felony convictions, and everytime he has been in jail it was always for these charges. The charges were Poss of Sched 2, Poss of Sched 4, and Drug Paraphernalia. Please help. I have two kids and were on our own with no help but the worst part is that my 2 year old has already had open heart surgery and has to have another operation on his heart so I am unable to work. I filed for SSI Disability for my son but of course he was denied so I just filed the appeal. This is really hard. I am the one who had my husband arrested without him knowing I did it because he needed to get this over with and behind him while our kids are still young. Thank you so very much.
Your husband is in need of an attorney in his area. A forum is not going to provide you or him with the answers you need. Sorry.

If you used real names, I recommend you remove them from your post by using the "edit post" feature. I have edited the names from my quote of your post.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">