• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separate Accidents, Shared Personal Injury Liability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Membody

This is in reference to two separate auto accidents in Florida where I was not at-fault.

I got rear-ended in December 2017. I went to the hospital to get my head checked out, but did not seek any kind of treatment after. I was involved in a second accident a year and a half later, and now have a neck/back injury for which I am being treated.

Question: could the first accident have contributed to the injury I have now, even though no significant symptoms appeared at the time? Would I have grounds to file a personal injury claim for the first accident, in addition to the second? Neither has been settled yet. The gentleman who hit me in the first accident had a 250K BI policy and I wanted to give his insurance company more incentive to increase their settlement offer. I have not brought it up to them yet though...

I have an attorney representing me for the second accident, but not the first.

Thoughts?

--Maggie

adjusterjack

Would I have grounds to file a personal injury claim for the first accident, in addition to the second? Neither has been settled yet. The gentleman who hit me in the first accident had a 250K BI policy and I wanted to give his insurance company more incentive to increase their settlement offer.
There's a contradiction in there. The first sentence implies that you haven't made a claim for the first accident. The second sentence implies that you made a claim, got an offer, but haven't settled. Care to clarify that?

At any rate you aren't likely to get beans on the first accident with no treatment and no symptoms for a year and a half.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">