• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation and Child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Samualng

2008 I purchase a single family individually with down payment and mortgage.2014 I meet my ex girlfriend and we living together and have one child. 2016 she ask out her name on house. And I sign a tenant in common quitclaim. But she dont have income verification so mortgage still remains on my sole name.and sinced 2008 until now . I pay mortgage by myself bank account only. Now facing separation. She refuse buy her name out . And request abuse restraining order against me.now I am struggling with mortgage payment and rental. What if I file petition for Partition. After split by contributions and force sale order by court . Who gonna pay off the rest mortgage ?i am living quincy.MA

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The OP will be lucky if the bank doesn't catch wind of this and invoke the due-on-sale clause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">