• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperated/divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cupcake3

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband and I have been seperated for seven years and now I want a divorce. My husband says he does not want a divorce and he will not give me one. Can I get a divorce even though he does not want one. If I will everything I have to another person even if we are divorced or not, can my husband get anything of mine.

Last edited:

LdiJ

cupcake3 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband and I have been seperated for seven years and now I want a divorce. My husband says he does not want a divorce and he will not give me one. Can I get a divorce even though he does not want one. If I will everything I have to another person even if we are divorced or not, can my husband get anything of mine.
No, you don't need your husband's agreement to get a divorce. He doesn't have to "give" you one. However, you probably need an attorney if he plans to contest the divorce.

Whether or not your husband can inherit or challenge any will you leave depends on Florida state law. It would be best if you consulted with an estate/probate attorney regarding that issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">