• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seprated in Fort Worth Texas.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skeeter11

I was married 11 months living in Texas. Her and her son moved out of the house on June 1, 2000. Her son is 10 years old and I did not legally adopt him. Since she has been out of the house she and her son are still on my medical and dental insurance. I filed for Divorce in May of this year. My question is everytime she or her son goes to doctor or dentist my insurance pays normally 90% to 80% of the Bill. However, the balance of the bill my wife tells the doctor office or dental office to send to me. Am I responsible to pay these bills since she or her son is the patient and she is not living with me. My second questions is when can I drop her and her son off my insurance.

Thank you.

L

LadyBlu

LadyBlu said:
skeeter11 said:
I was married 11 months living in Texas. Her and her son moved out of the house on June 1, 2000. Her son is 10 years old and I did not legally adopt him. Since she has been out of the house she and her son are still on my medical and dental insurance. I filed for Divorce in May of this year. My question is everytime she or her son goes to doctor or dentist my insurance pays normally 90% to 80% of the Bill. However, the balance of the bill my wife tells the doctor office or dental office to send to me. Am I responsible to pay these bills since she or her son is the patient and she is not living with me. My second questions is when can I drop her and her son off my insurance.

Thank you.
She is responsible for her bills to the Dr/Dentist and you can drop them from the insurance whenever you want.
May I also suggest you file for legal seperation so that any other bills that accrue are not billed to you...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">