• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

septic disaster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lil vixen

I bought a house in 1997 after I lived in the house for a few months i relised that their was a bad odor in the house the bathroom was backed up all the time and it was getting worse. I called plummers to come and look at the prob,which i was amazed to find out they didn't want to have anything to do with the house,It has gotten worse and I recently found out that the septic tank is underneath the house and the system has failed.You wouldn't believe the grab that's underneath the house and is't getting any better.I called the real estate and told them along time ago what i was going through they said that i bought the house and paid cash for it it's my prob. I don't know what to do. I can't live in the house the way it is and i can't afford a new system,besides that i don't have enough land to acommdate a new system. I live in Missouri.

lil vixen

W

Wgoodrich

Did your bank or did you get a privat house inspection report before you bought the dwelling? If so he is liable. If you bought it without any advisory action then your only recourse is going back to the previous owner, realtor, builder, subs for violating the minimum housing standards, such as building, plumbing, and electrical codes. If your state adopted these Codes as rules of law in that state. Check with you Code enforcement division to see if the required inspection approvals were issued on that house. Then contact an attorney with your info.

Good Luck

Wg

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">