• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serious noise at Best Western Seven Seas, San Diego

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I stayed at "Best Western Seven Seas, San Diego, CA"
and because of noise from other rooms I couldn't
sleep 1 to 4am.
I complained 5 times during the night
and got 20% off when checking out

(several other people compmained and receptionist
said this was the maximum she can give without autholization).

I contacted General Manager and he said that's enough
with really rude attitude.
(do you know Best Westerns are individually owned?
anyone can be a general manager there)

Anyway, I would like to use small claim court
and would like to know it's possible or not.
I know the procedure but can I ask them to
disclose security report it has all the incident
(number of calls from me and other people etc).



Senior Member
You certainly could sue them then request all documents and records (either as Request for Production or under Subpoena), but I have to ask.... why?? What do you hope to gain from it???
At best, your only damage would be to recover 100% of the room cost, and since they already gave you 20%, if you win you would only recover 80%!!

And, unless you can prove that the management was negligent or malicious when they 'took care of you', you probably wouldn't win anything.

Finally, the judge could certainly figure it this way... Lets say your room was $96.00 for the day. That works out to $4.00 per hour. You missed sleep for 4 hours, you win $16.00. Heck, he might even be generous and double that.

Find something more exciting for your time and energy.


Dear Halket,

Thank you for your reply.
Certainly, money is not my concern.
And I know it will cost me more than I lost.
Then why?

Because it's wrong.
Mayne suing is not the best way.
But it seemed to be the only way
to let them take seriously.

Anyway, I am really appriciated with your advice.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential