• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serious replies only_medical question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excort_xavier

What is the name of your state? Xavier

I am in the Airforce, and about to be discharged for depression and stress. That has nothing to do with my question. I was on duty one day in south korea during a exercise and I fell out a truk while in Mopp gear (alot of gear). I was knocked out and rushed to a down town hospital. I had a neck sprang and a head contusion. Question when I get out how can and how will I get medical pay? will I have to start complaining of neck pain or headaches?

HomeGuru

Excort_xavier said:

I am in the Airforce, and about to be discharged for depression and stress. That has nothing to do with my question. I was on duty one day in south korea during a exercise and I fell out a truk while in Mopp gear (alot of gear). I was knocked out and rushed to a down town hospital. I had a neck sprang and a head contusion. Question when I get out how can and how will I get medical pay? will I have to start complaining of neck pain or headaches?

**A: when did this happen, 5 years ago?

rmet4nzkx

Excort_xavier said:

If your depression and stress are determined to be service related, it is possible depending on other factors that you would be eligible for a medical discharge and some level of disability through VA. If you are claiming Post Concussive Syndrome well after the fact, you would still have to be evaluated by a neuropsychologist which will include an evaluation for malingering. It is possible to have a head injury without neck pain or headaches, so don't complain of symptoms you don't have. Request evaluation by a neuropsychologist.

IF you qualify for a service related disability expect that the VA will reevaluate you after discharge and the level of disability will go down, also a VA disability rateting does not equate to SSDI.

Excort_xavier

I am not being discharged for the medical injury. After the injury I realized I didn't want to be in the military, and It had nothing to do with the injury. I have succeeded with the discharge, and I am only waiting for legal to finish the package. I have went through the process. My question is can I get compensation for the neck and head injury if I start having problems. Also, can I go to the VA hospital for the pain?

rmet4nzkx

Excort_xavier said:
I am not being discharged for the medical injury. After the injury I realized I didn't want to be in the military, and It had nothing to do with the injury. I have succeeded with the discharge, and I am only waiting for legal to finish the package. I have went through the process. My question is can I get compensation for the neck and head injury if I start having problems. Also, can I go to the VA hospital for the pain?
Please fllow instructions, ask to be evaluated by a neuropsychologist. If your injries occured only 3 months ago it is possible, but yu still have to be evaluated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">