• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Server issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justmeasking

What is the name of your state? Texas.

server told me tonight that if my bf isn’t able to be served she will leave on the door or give to me. (Also late at approximately 920pm) I was under the understanding that without proof of a judge signed court order they cannot do either. If she tries am I allowed to tell her without a court order I will not be accepting it and she cannot leave at the door?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Texas.

server told me tonight that if my bf isn’t able to be served she will leave on the door or give to me. (Also late at approximately 920pm) I was under the understanding that without proof of a judge signed court order they cannot do either. If she tries am I allowed to tell her without a court order I will not be accepting it and she cannot leave at the door?
What is the service for?

Justmeasking

What is the service for?
His ex (divorce already finalize since December) is now saying she should get money for things. Things not listed in final divorce decree and is trying have him served for court, in a city about 4 hours away. He already has an attorney and now has some how found out my name as well as the server knew who I was. Can’t see attorney until Wednesday

Just Blue

His ex (divorce already finalize since December) is now saying she should get money for things. Things not listed in final divorce decree and is trying have him served for court, in a city about 4 hours away. He already has an attorney and now has some how found out my name as well as the server knew who I was. Can’t see attorney until Wednesday
What kind of things? Evading service is useless and could really hurt him.

Justmeasking

Wanting repayment for rent in a place he never stayed. Half a time share she only paid 300 on and worth about 15000, to sell his motorcycle that is under his name and she wants part of sale. petty things like that. And he isn’t evading he just isn’t there. My main question is, can they just leave it there or hand to me? Esp if there is no judge signed order

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Have you indicated to the process server when/where your b/f can be served? Wouldn't that be most expedient? All y'all are doing is forestalling the inevitable.

Justmeasking

Have you indicated to the process server when/where your b/f can be served? Wouldn't that be most expedient? All y'all are doing is forestalling the inevitable.
His schedule is all over so most of the time he either gets home really late or doesn’t know when he will be home and yes he lives with me.
However it seems as you are all missing the point to my question which is CAN they serve me with the papers or leave them on the door without a judge signed court order

Just Blue

His schedule is all over so most of the time he either gets home really late or doesn’t know when he will be home and yes he lives with me.
However it seems as you are all missing the point to my question which is CAN they serve me with the papers or leave them on the door without a judge signed court order
Of course they can. He is being served notice of a court action. If he doesn't show he may find a default judgement against him. Sign for the court papers.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The process server would need to obtain a court order for substituted service if s/he is not able to locate your BF.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Of course they can. He is being served notice of a court action. If he doesn't show he may find a default judgement against him. Sign for the court papers.
In TX, a court order would be needed in order to serve upon an adult at his household...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">