• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Services purchased online but cancelled during trial period.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariahlee00

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I recently wanted to compete in a fitness competition. I found a coach and we discussed prices. He told me that the first month of services were free. ('Services' meaning me gave me a meal and workout plan and i check-in with him once a week and he changes the plan as needed)
After the month free it was $300 for the first 3 months and then i pay the other $300 for the next 3 months. We set this agreement and i signed a contract on July 5th. The contract mainly said that he can use photos of me and he needed 30 days notice if i wish to cancel.
So today (July 15th) I wanted to cancel because i dont want to do it because of the huge commitment it takes (Ive done a competition before so i know the process). he did already give me a plan but he isnt the best at communicating so i just decided not to go through with it. I emailed him today giving my 30 day notice and he got angry and said i still owe him the $300. I do not think that is fair because 1 month after me canceling it would be August 15th, which is 10 days after the trial period is supposed to be over. I do not want to pay $300 for 10 days of services. as of today i am not going to send check-ins or ask for his help or have him answer questions or anything. We decided that i will still pay $100 and that is it. SO i paid the $100 and thats it. i dont want him to come back after me and i just want someones opinion on all of this. Thankyou!

quincy

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I recently wanted to compete in a fitness competition. I found a coach and we discussed prices. He told me that the first month of services were free. ('Services' meaning me gave me a meal and workout plan and i check-in with him once a week and he changes the plan as needed)
After the month free it was $300 for the first 3 months and then i pay the other $300 for the next 3 months. We set this agreement and i signed a contract on July 5th. The contract mainly said that he can use photos of me and he needed 30 days notice if i wish to cancel.
So today (July 15th) I wanted to cancel because i dont want to do it because of the huge commitment it takes (Ive done a competition before so i know the process). he did already give me a plan but he isnt the best at communicating so i just decided not to go through with it. I emailed him today giving my 30 day notice and he got angry and said i still owe him the $300. I do not think that is fair because 1 month after me canceling it would be August 15th, which is 10 days after the trial period is supposed to be over. I do not want to pay $300 for 10 days of services. as of today i am not going to send check-ins or ask for his help or have him answer questions or anything. We decided that i will still pay $100 and that is it. SO i paid the $100 and thats it. i dont want him to come back after me and i just want someones opinion on all of this. Thankyou!
You will need to refer to the written contract you signed and any other written or oral agreements you made outside that original contract that can be supported. If you have the $100 agreement in writing, or can get it in writing, that would certainly help you.

adjusterjack

We decided that i will still pay $100 and that is it. SO i paid the $100 and thats it. i dont want him to come back after me and i just want someones opinion on all of this
Did you get it in writing that he accepted the $100 as full and final settlement of a disputed account?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">