• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving Interrogatories

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jollyjosh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Hello, I need to serve interrogatories in Colorado. Some places online say that I only have to mail them, however the forms have "receipt of service" stuff on them.

There is also a short form: https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/PDF/JDF%20252A%20Motion%20and%20order%20for%20interrogatories%20-%20short%20form4-12.pdf

And a long form: https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/PDF/JDF%20252B%20Motion%20for%20interrog%20-%20LONG%204-12.pdf

So my questions are:

- Do I need to serve it?
- Why are there two forms, and which one (or both?) should I use?

latigo

For a salaried judgment debtor and small claims judgment use the "short form" and mark box: "judgment creditor requests".

Service cannot be completed by mail. You must effect personal service upon the judgment creditor as per Rule 45 of the Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure the same as a subpoena. Don't be confused to think otherwise because of the alternates shown on the Affidavit of Service.

You need to read the applicable CRCP Rules, including Rule 403 in re Garnishment.

Adding:

Quincy offers good advice in that you should post your inquiries on the same subject matter to the initial thread.

Here, without Q's help in direction to your initial post it would be a matter of guesswork as to know whether your are asking about pre-judgment discovery interrogatories or post-judgment interrogatories in aid of execution.

Last edited:

jollyjosh

I served the interrogatories, and they have claimed they have no assets.

I have license plate numbers of the cars they were driving.

Without violating the Driver's Privacy Protection Act, can I look up the license plate to see if it belongs to them using searchquarry.com?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">