• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving papers a different way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Simplyana09

Casa Grande Az/ the father lives in California
I have full custody of my son I filed a motion to move states with him and to dissolve rights of his father I served him via restricted certifed mail however he won't sign to receive the mail. I can't afford a process server or for the sheriff office to do it is there anything else I can do to show the courts I have tried for him to be served I even emailed him and texted him asking for permission to move prior he said yes than said he would get a letter notarized and send it to me but he hasn't and now is avoiding my calls and email please help how else can I serve him.

Ladyback1

I have full custody of my son I filed a motion to move states with him and to dissolve rights of his father I served him via restricted certifed mail however he won't sign to receive the mail. I can't afford a process server or for the sheriff office to do it is there anything else I can do to show the courts I have tried for him to be served I even emailed him and texted him asking for permission to move prior he said yes than said he would get a letter notarized and send it to me but he hasn't and now is avoiding my calls and email please help how else can I serve him.
Most courts have paperwork for "low-income" people to fill out, so that a Sheriff/Law Enforcement will serve papers....at NO COST to you.

single317dad

(m) Alternative or Substituted Service.

If service by one of the means set forth in the preceding paragraphs of this Rule 4.1 proves impracticable, then service may be accomplished in such manner, other than by publication, as the court, upon motion and without notice, may direct. Whenever the court allows an alternate or substitute form of service pursuant to this subpart, reasonable efforts shall be undertaken by the party making service to assure that actual notice of the commencement of the action is provided to the person to be served and, in any event, the summons and the pleading to be served, as well as any order of the court authorizing an alternative method of service, shall be mailed to the last known business or residence address of the person to be served. Service by publication may be employed only under the circumstances, and in accordance with the procedures, specified in Rules 4.1(n), 4.1(o), 4.2(f) and 4.2(g) of these Rules.
The last option before service by publication (which may not be an option in your case) is to ask the judge to order some alternate method of service.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You can't dissolve Dad's rights. :cool:

Just Blue

Are you stating that you want to terminate the fathers parental right or just the visitation rights? Either way...What are you showing for cause in that request? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">