• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving Small Clams Papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe645

I am in Las Vegas township, Nevada. Is there any public-property that is considered exempt or illegal to serve such papers to an individual?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am in Las Vegas township, Nevada. Is there any public-property that is considered exempt or illegal to serve such papers to an individual?
I'd be careful walking in to a courtroom to serve someone. I'd be careful walking in to a police station to serve an officer.

What did you have in mind?

joe645

I'd be careful walking in to a courtroom to serve someone. I'd be careful walking in to a police station to serve an officer.

What did you have in mind?
The defendant in this case has been very elusive. I finally tracked her down at a meeting place for AA and Drug people (although the case has nothing to do with that). A private third party personally handed her the papers outside the building on the sidewalk.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The defendant in this case has been very elusive. I finally tracked her down at a meeting place for AA and Drug people (although the case has nothing to do with that). A private third party personally handed her the papers outside the building on the sidewalk.
The she's been served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">