• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement of case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baggypolo

What is the name of your state? new york

I just settled a lawsuit with a company and we agreed i cant do business with a X amount of customers in my particular field. These X amount of customers we share and i cant solicit business with them for the next X amount of years, and after that i'm free to do business with them. Is it legal for me to open a new company in a friend/relatives name and become a employee of that company along with running my company as well? What is a trick that could be used to run my company and still do business with these customers in that time frame?

Should i start a new company? should i not do nothing, what could happen?

B

blameshifting

You must be itching to get sued again.

Consider changing your name, adopting a Texas accent, wear a wig and a false mustache and pretend you aren't the same person who agreed to not compete for X customers for X years.

If it doesn't work it will at least be amusing to all involved, except the lawyers who haul you into court again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">