• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dman7777

What is the name of your state? arkansas

question?

thought i settled on an amount on a car reposesion. got a letter in the mail stating original amount ($7300) and they said they would settle for ($3600). the letter in the mail from nasf states this. i go to the bank take out a loan the bank pays nasf the ($3600). three days later i got a phone call from the so called manager say that they reciceved my check but there was a mistake. i don't know what mistake they are talking about. something about another company made a mistake and will not settle for that amount. i was told that i had two choices, pay them ($600) more dollors, and it will be final, or not pay and they will send my ($3600) check back and the account will not be closed. i thought the original letter stating settlement offer would be the final thing. do i have to pay the ($600) or do they have rights to not settle even though i got a letter stating thier offfer.

HomeGuru

dman7777 said:
What is the name of your state? arkansas

question?

thought i settled on an amount on a car reposesion. got a letter in the mail stating original amount ($7300) and they said they would settle for ($3600). the letter in the mail from nasf states this. i go to the bank take out a loan the bank pays nasf the ($3600). three days later i got a phone call from the so called manager say that they reciceved my check but there was a mistake. i don't know what mistake they are talking about. something about another company made a mistake and will not settle for that amount. i was told that i had two choices, pay them ($600) more dollors, and it will be final, or not pay and they will send my ($3600) check back and the account will not be closed. i thought the original letter stating settlement offer would be the final thing. do i have to pay the ($600) or do they have rights to not settle even though i got a letter stating thier offfer.
**A: huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">