• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmw53587

I am about to settle a case with doctos insurance company with my lawyer. The money figure is known part of it will go on my daughter trust fund and the other would be for me and my wife. The lawyer is planning to setup an independent trustee to manage my daughter's fund. Is there something to watch for here in terms of settlement or trust fund, etc.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I am not sure what you mean, but if you are inching towards a power of attorney thing or amount, it is always a good idea to get a second attorney to just review the documentation so you ensure you aren't being railroaded.

http://profs.lp.findlaw.com/asset_protection/index.html

Also, try the NAtional Association of Financial and Estate Planning

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">