• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement/work rehabilitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klj4428

The insurance company wants to settle my case, but I still want to go threw the work rehabilitation to help me find a job. Can I still settle my case? Will this affect my settlement amount?

quincy

The insurance company wants to settle my case, but I still want to go threw the work rehabilitation to help me find a job. Can I still settle my case? Will this affect my settlement amount?
What is the name of your state?

quincy

When a proposed settlement agreement is presented to the Mississippi Workers' Compensation Commission for review, the Commission generally requires that a final medical report is submitted with the agreement before approval.*

A final medical report may not be required if you have stopped all treatment (which you say you haven't) or if you are judged permanently disabled (which you have not indicated you are).

*Mississippi Code Ann. section 71-3-15 (2013): http://law.justia.com/codes/mississippi/2013/title-71/chapter-3/general-provisions/section-71-3-15/

*Mississippi Code Ann. section 71-3-17 (2013): http://law.justia.com/codes/mississippi2013/title-71/chapter-3/general-provisions/section-71-3-17/

Thank you for the "friend's request," klj4428. It has always been my policy on this forum to not accept these requests, but the gesture is a nice one and I appreciate it.

klj4428

Settlement

Sorry, I miss word about the insurance carrier wants to settle. I meant my lawyer ask for a settlement. I"m also at MMI and they have not started my PPD benefits yet still waiting and it been since 3/23/17.

quincy

Sorry, I miss word about the insurance carrier wants to settle. I meant my lawyer ask for a settlement. I"m also at MMI and they have not started my PPD benefits yet still waiting and it been since 3/23/17.
Why does your lawyer want to settle now? Have you discussed this with your lawyer? Have you told your lawyer that you need to continue with your rehabilitation?

Because you DO have a lawyer working with you on this, I hesitate to say anything more. You should rely on the advice you receive from your lawyer. S/he is the one with access to all of the facts and can direct you appropriately.

Good luck, klj4428.

klj4428

benefits

I received a check last month that cover 3/10/17 to 3/23/17, which was TTD.I"m also at MMI with both of my doctors. I went though the FCE for my two injuries. My li finger was 4% impairment rating and whole person 0%. My knee was 3% impairment rating and whole person was 1%.

My lawyer told me, It my be that I'm at MMI with both doctors and I also requested for a settlement offer since we have the final medical opinions of the doctors. This what I was told by my lawyer.

I Been Off work for 10 months that's with The MMI.

quincy

And I still has not gotten a PPD check yet..
Thank you for providing additional information, klj4428.

Because you have an attorney working for you, any questions you have should be directed to this attorney. Whatever we say on this forum will not be based on all of the facts that your attorney has available so s/he is your best source of information.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">