• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in georgia. last year my son(19 yrs. old) was injured on the job. he was told to work on a job where he had to operate a table saw. he had turned the saw off and bent down to get something and placed his hand near the saw, the blade had not stopped and his pinkie finger was amputated and the ring finger severely damaged. the dr. has released him and told him if he settles w/ the ins. company to keep medical open. the ins. co. is ready to settle. he has rec'd the following permanent impairment rating: 17%-hand, 15%-upper extremity and 9%-total body. what would be an exceptable settlement? also, should he get an attorney?



Hello Girl...

I'm sorry to hear about your son's unfortunated circumstance he's much too young for such an injury.

You "MUST" seek services from a Compensation Lawyer, Physiatrist, MD. for physical therapy, a Psychotherapist, PhD. for emotional stress therapy and a Personal Injury Lawyer. Some Lawyers handle both compensation and personal injury cases.
These Doctor's will receive their pay through the State Insurance Carrier once your case has been established.

When visiting Doctor's, Hospitals or Medical appointments in relations to the injury, save all receipts, CO-payments, tolls, medication and anything related to the injury.
You will be expected to produce your Medical and Travel Expenses documention during one of your Compensation hearings or you can submit this information to your Lawyer (if you have one), Attorney will then submit it to the State Insurance Fund Carrier handling your case.

You should receive a " Notice Of Decision " upon completion of all your compensation hearings.
In one of those notices there should be a section that reads the amount of disability, modification of prior award, temporary disability, partial disability, all the numbered figures and a section that should read," Medical treatment and care, as necessary, for the established sites of injury and/or condition is authorized."

If you have this notice then your case has been established and you can render services from the Doctor's mentioned above at the expense of the State Insurance Carrier.
Compensation Attorney's receive 1/3 of your award.
That's not bad when you take under consideration all the work being performed on your behalf, the knowledge and experience that comes with their representation.
"Make sure you keep your case opened in case of a physical reoccurrence."
Drop me a line if you need more help and don't forget to kiss the booboo...
Visit this link~~~~> http://www.ganet.org/sbwc/

Good Luck and Take Care.

[email protected]


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential