• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?oh
i have many questions and have not had anyone to ask. any help would be appreciated.
1. i filed our case for paternity and child support over a year ago. father did not show up for the paternity testing. case was dismissed from administrative level to court division. (how is this possible? shouldn't he have been held in contempt of court at that point?, the court issued the order for the testing)should i have received some type of formal papers saying our case had been transferred? i have heard nothing about our case in 5 months. when i called the county pros office they gave me my case workers office number. i have called him at least 25 times and have left 4 or 5 messages over a 2 month time span. he does not pick up his phone and does not respond to my messages. where is my case at this point? how can i find out what is going on?
2. i do not have any money for a lawyer but i would like to have some back child support for the past year and have concerns about visitations if they are ever an issue. do i need a lawyer? can i ask for a portion of the lawyers fee to be paid by the father when we get to court? are they lawyers who charge less for single parents who don't have a lot of money going through these kind of things? once we get a court date which i hope is soon should i take a lawyer right off the bat or should i see what happens first?
3. i am working full time and do not know how child support calculations work.
what if i make more money than the father?
4. What if my day care provider does not want to file her income on her taxes? Will this affect the amount of money that dad has to pay for day care? Is a tax record of child care expenses the only type of record that can be used to show how much i spend for child care?
5. if the father lives out of state will this take a lot longer? what time frame am i looking at?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential