• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I used to work for a large multinational company. Right after the January 1st, several people with many years in the company were terminated. I personally had twelve years here. On December 31st they changed their severance policy from two weeks per year of service to none. Employees were not notified of this change until several weeks later. Is there anything I can do?



Based on the facts you provided, I would say you have no legal recourse. However, if there are other facts that you have, please do share them at this board.

The employer has a right to change its severance policy. It did publish that policy. It also has a right to lawfully terminate various employees. All of which happened here. Sorry!

Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential