• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SEX and WORK - DID not have it, but accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DavidZJones

What is the name of your state? GA

I am in a divorce-custody battle with my spouse. I have evidence on him for selling and smoking pot, habitual drinker (including driving drunk with my kids), verbal abuse, physical abuse (with pictire), and I can easily prove that I am the primary caregiver. However, he can prove that I have had a affair. He thinks it is with a coworker. He and his attorney gave my attorney an affidavit stating the they took our home computer and had them "recreate" emails from it. The emails supposively are very sexually explicit and say we had sex supposively at work. His attorney saids that he has grave detail in the emails of this (I never had sex at work - we might have fantasized and acted as though we did, but just because it is in an email does not mean it actually occured). My husband is still going out a playing golf and drinking and playing party dad, and I am still primary care giver.

He has basically told me that if I do not settle, he will take the emails to my supervisor and have me fired. (again - emails are explicit, but nothing ever happened at work). Also, the emails were from my home computer - nothing off a work computer.

What can I do about the work thing? )

Veronica1228

First of all, the word is "supposedly."

Secondly, it's too hard to say what might or might not happen in a scenario that also might or might not happen. I will say though that if your company has policies against inter-office romance you could be in trouble. Have you ever heard the expression, "Don't dip your pen in the company ink"?

Words to live by.

DavidZJones

I need legal advice not opinion

If I needed an opinion - I would have asked for one! I need the facts - all that they have are emails!!!!! They are from a HOME computer (NOT work)!!! IN NO way has my work performance been hurt, actually it has been enhanced! (documented that also!)

DavidZJones

Also

The only way the emails will come out is if I DO NOT SETTLE!!!! My Employer has no knowledge of them and honestly I think my husband created them!

Veronica1228

Look, legally your boss could decide that a married person having an affair with someone at their company is immoral and fire you. Heck, your boss could decide that they don't like the brand of hairspray you use and decide to fire you. Your boss can legally fire you for all reasons except for those that are protected by law (race, gender, age, religion etc.).

You know your boss and I don't. Do YOU think that he/she will fire you?

DavidZJones

I will have to be given DUE Process

but, I would like to know if I can go after him for blackmail - last chance I looked, it was illegal

Veronica1228

DavidZJones said:
but, I would like to know if I can go after him for blackmail - last chance I looked, it was illegal
First, no you don't HAVE to be given due process. As I said, your boss can fire you because he or she just doesn't like you. They can fire you because it's Tuesday, the day after Labor Day and they're crabby. THEY CAN FIRE YOU IF THEY JUST FEEL LIKE IT. It would be perfectly legal.

Second, why are you asking about blackmail in the Hiring, Firing, and Wrongful Termination Forum? Your original question was:

DavidZJones said:
What can I do about the work thing?
That is what I was responding to.

Shay-Pari'e

DavidZJones said:
If I needed an opinion - I would have asked for one! I need the facts - all that they have are emails!!!!! They are from a HOME computer (NOT work)!!! IN NO way has my work performance been hurt, actually it has been enhanced! (documented that also!)
Pay for someone to give you the facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">