• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex offender registeration after 28 yrs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband who is now serving a 30mo. sentence for felon in possession of firearms is being required by the warden of the fed. prision to register as a sex offender, because of a conviction of indecent exposure back in 1971, when he was 19 yrs. old. This could destroy our 2 daughters who were raised in our little town all their lives as well as our business, that we worked so hard to build all these years. Can he be required to register even though this happened over 28 yrs. ago, & this conviction has nothing at all to do with anything of that nature what so ever? They are citing 18usc4042B I beleive?

[This message has been edited by Tam (edited April 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tam (edited April 03, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential