• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexting Law Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eastex

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, I am a 19 year old boy from Texas. I was on an anonymous app and this stranger who claimed to be a 50 year old woman sexted me. I regretfully didn't immediately end the chat and she told me to take an inappropriate picture of my genital area. I regretfully did. I hated every moment and felt very uncomfortable and I ended the chat and reported her. Since age of consent is 17 in Texas and age of majority is 18 and I am 19, am I legally safe?

quincy

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, I am a 19 year old boy from Texas. I was on an anonymous app and this stranger who claimed to be a 50 year old woman sexted me. I regretfully didn't immediately end the chat and she told me to take an inappropriate picture of my genital area. I regretfully did. I hated every moment and felt very uncomfortable and I ended the chat and reported her. Since age of consent is 17 in Texas and age of majority is 18 and I am 19, am I legally safe?
You are an adult. You are free to do stupid things like send photos of your genitals to other adults.

eastex

You are an adult. You are free to do stupid things like send photos of your genitals to other adults.
I completely regret what happened. I don't even know for sure now if that person was 50 but it seemed like she was. She said I was a very young guy and she asked if her age was okay. Of course, I thought she meant as being a friend, not a person looking for a sexual chat. I reported that anonymous chat but I wonder if the chat was lost or if she could have screenshotted it somehow

quincy

I completely regret what happened. I don't even know for sure now if that person was 50 but it seemed like she was. She said I was a very young guy and she asked if her age was okay. Of course, I thought she meant as being a friend, not a person looking for a sexual chat. I reported that anonymous chat but I wonder if the chat was lost or if she could have screenshotted it somehow
It probably doesn't matter. You are both adults (or, at least, the other person told you s/he was an adult).

Although you might find photos of your genitals appearing on various sites online - if the woman you sent the photos to decides to share them - you should not experience any legal issues from your texting.

eastex

So I'm legally safe then? That person doesn't know my name and hasn't seen my face and it was on an anonymous chat app. Can those be traced? I just hope I'll be okay.

eastex

It probably doesn't matter. You are both adults (or, at least, the other person told you s/he was an adult).

Although you might find photos of your genitals appearing on various sites online - if the woman you sent the photos to decides to share them - you should not experience any legal issues from your texting.
So I'm legally safe then?

quincy

So I'm legally safe then? That person doesn't know my name and hasn't seen my face and it was on an anonymous chat app. Can those be traced? I just hope I'll be okay.
You should be okay.

If in the future you are contacted by an irate "dad" saying you sent photos of your genitals to his underage daughter and he wants you to pay for his silence, you can ignore the contact and/or report the communication to the police.

If you want to eliminate future anxiety, don't take photos of your genitals and send them to anyone.

eastex

You should be okay.

If in the future you are contacted by an irate "dad" saying you sent photos of your genitals to his underage daughter and he wants you to pay for his silence, you can ignore the contact and/or report the communication to the police.

If you want to eliminate future anxiety, don't take pictures of your genitals and send the photos to anyone.
I will avoid that altogether. I wonder if that happens how that person would make contact? It was on an anonymous app and I deleted it. Although I wonder, can it be traced somehow? Plus, the "50 year old" told me to and I was reluctant but I did and I felt very uncomfortable and I completely regret it. They don't have my contact information but K wonder if they could trace it somehow. I am scared

quincy

I will avoid that altogether. I wonder if that happens how that person would make contact? It was on an anonymous app and I deleted it. Although I wonder, can it be traced somehow? Plus, the "50 year old" told me to and I was reluctant but I did and I felt very uncomfortable and I completely regret it. They don't have my contact information but K wonder if they could trace it somehow. I am scared
There is no real anonymity on the internet - but someone would have to jump through several legal hoops to unmask your identity. What you did is not worth anyone's time or the expense.

To quote Idina Menzel, Demi Lovato and Elsa: "Let it go."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">