• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Abuse??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ashey_152003

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hi, my name is Ashley. I am 14yrs old. I was adopted by my grandparents, because my mom, at that time couldnt care for me. Well I remember when I was younger, maybe from 3 till about 7 years old, my grandfather used to kiss me, he would call it lickin tongues. My family knew about it, but no one did anything. He would tell me to stick my tongue out and move it around on his. To this day he still makes comments about it, saying my "tongue was juicy" I am not trying to be graphic, but I have had people tell me its not abuse and I just want all the facts out on what happened. He also still tells me to sit on his lap (which I dont do) he recently (about a couple months ago) asked me if i was feeling okay (i had a cold) and I said no, he is like "well come sit on my lap it'll make you feel better" I am totally disgusted and try to stay away from him as much as i can. Not recently but last year he used to kiss me goodnight but kiss really fast up and down my neck. Please dont tell me i'm overreacting, it makes me feel gross about myself. And was wondering if legally I can do something about it.... I dont like him and am not comfortable. Well thank you for you time...
ashley

TYRIS

ashey_152003 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hi, my name is Ashley. I am 14yrs old. I was adopted by my grandparents, because my mom, at that time couldnt care for me. Well I remember when I was younger, maybe from 3 till about 7 years old, my grandfather used to kiss me, he would call it lickin tongues. My family knew about it, but no one did anything. He would tell me to stick my tongue out and move it around on his. To this day he still makes comments about it, saying my "tongue was juicy" I am not trying to be graphic, but I have had people tell me its not abuse and I just want all the facts out on what happened. He also still tells me to sit on his lap (which I dont do) he recently (about a couple months ago) asked me if i was feeling okay (i had a cold) and I said no, he is like "well come sit on my lap it'll make you feel better" I am totally disgusted and try to stay away from him as much as i can. Not recently but last year he used to kiss me goodnight but kiss really fast up and down my neck. Please dont tell me i'm overreacting, it makes me feel gross about myself. And was wondering if legally I can do something about it.... I dont like him and am not comfortable. Well thank you for you time...
ashley

-there is three things you need to do...

first, contact your states child protective services and tell them what is happening. they can help you.

two, contact your local police department and talk to their child abuse detective. they can help you.

three, contact any of your teachers that you feel comfortable talking with and tell them. they will will also get in touch with the above agencies.

Tyris

H

Halcyon

Dear child, you are not overreacting. The Child Protective Services hotline number is 1-877-845-9243.
I agree you should tell a trusted teacher, the mother of your closest friend, some authorities. This situation could possibly get worse so you must take a stand.
While it is reasonable for you to feel uncomfortable and to dislike the way your grandfather interacts with you, try not to burden your heart with hatred as it will only cause more suffering.
Don't hesitate to talk about this - there are many people who care and want to help. Don't let your feelings fester.
I urge you to TELL, seek help, focus on your schoolwork and thinking about how you are going to improve your life and become a strong, compassionate, effective woman. YOU GO, GIRL!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">