• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassement TX - Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suziemr

I own a pizzeria with 3 other people.
One of my partners is a guy that likes to joke.
Everything he says has a strong sexual content.
He likes to say things with double meaning and play around.
But according to him, he is just a playful.
In meantime, my husband – who is his friend since 1996 – was relocated to another state because of his job and my kids went out of the country for summer vacation.
Aware of this situation, my partner became more aggressive in his jokes.
He was always asking me if I was feeling alone, if he could help me out, things like that.
He asked me questions about my private sexual life and one day, like he was joking, he asked me if I would like to sleep over in his house.(his wife was also out of town)
I asked him to stop annoying me with that conversation and told him to better quit that behavior or he would lose his friends. He said “Who cares about friends, all I want is to have fun”.
So, I told my husband what was going on. He talked to my partner about it and told him that for more close we were, we never gave him such intimacy. Two days after that conversation, my partner went out of the country for vacation. As soon as he came back, I went on vacation, so we did not have time to see or talk to each other.
When I returned to the business I was very surprise to find out that this guy had plotted a conspiracy against me. The other partners held a meeting during my absence and decided things that would affect me and accused me of things I didn’t do. They created a very hostile environment and could not keep working over there. I decide to quit the business, but I was basically forced to do that. Now they saying I abandoned the business and only want to give me back my initial investment. I don’t think that’s fair. The business is new but has a great potential do grow and I am sure they’re going to make a lot of money over there. Besides, I did a lot for the business. So, we are in a war. The guy said I only brought this sexual harassment subject on discussion to take advantage and get more money. So, I am inclined to sue him in a separate case, so things don’t get mix. But I don’t know, do I have a case here?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You might. However, you MUST file a complaint with the EEOC and/or your state civil rights commission and obtain a right-to-sue letter from one agency or the other before you can file a lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">