• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bleew

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I just need to know if I can do something about all the sexual conduct that is going on in my place of employment? Such as males swinging thier hips at the females making remarks about thier sexual organs?

Beth3

The first step is to notify the appropriate management personnel (such as human resources) what is going on and that there is a sexual harassment problem in the workplace.

Have you done that yet? If so, what happened following your complaint?

bleew

Yes, it has been reported to a supervisor and sub supervisor and they seem to ignore the complaints. We have reported this problem on several occasions and they reply is that they will take care of the problem and it still continues. One man continually harasses the woman in the manner and they seem to ignore it. It goes on everyday in the workplace and they seem to think it is funny.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is there an HR department? If so, the next step is to take it there.

If not, then you might want to consider reporting it to the EEOC.

Beth3

cbg, the poster doesn't seem to be at the receiving end of any sexual harassment. You might be able to make a claim with the EEOC for a hostile work environment (a for of sex discrimination) but we don't have enough specifics about the situation to say.

What I can tell you is that you cannot file a SH complaint with the govn't on someone else's behalf.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since the poster said that "we" had reported the problem on many occasions I assumed that the poster was one of the women affected by the problem. But even if not, there still might be a third-party harassment case.

bleew

Yes, I am one of the victims of the sexual harassment. There are several woman affected by this harassment that is taking place. We went to the HR and reported the things going on and we're told they will take care of it. We have turned in complaints to the supervisors that are on duty at the time and they do nothing about it because they are involved in the harrassment. Me, personally I am asked on a daily basis for a blow job by a co-worker and he swings his private area at me constantly. This is just one of the workers. We have a woman who got 3 days off work for reporting to her supervisor about working with a male who was taunting her. The male recieved nothing. There is 5 of us woman on this shift alone dealing with this one a daily basis. One of the woman who turned in a complaint on Monday was treated taunted by her supervisor the following day at work. My question is " How long does the company have to take control over this problem?" Thank You

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no specific length of time they are required to work within. How long is reasonable will depend on the size of the company and the number of witnesses that need to be interviewed. I generally suggest that people give HR between two and three weeks. If nothing happens after that length of time, your next stop would be the EEOC.

Gadfly

Watch the movie 9-5. There are some wonderful solutions in there that will work faster than any legal process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">