• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tethys47

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I posted a message a couple of weeks ago regarding whether or not I should provide a statement to the hr manager concerning a sexual harrassment and a hostile environment claim. The responses indicated that I should write the statement and that I could even damage my case if I didn't. Well, I wrote the statement and emailed it to the hr manager. It's been almost 3 weeks and I have had no response or contact from my company. They placed me on a temporary suspension status so I am not working and not being paid. What do I do now? I am not sure of the time frame for an investigation of this nature, but not having an income is taking it's toll on my finances. Should I continue waiting? Seek other employment? Should I have been contacted by now? Is it possible that my hr manager doesn't believe my claim and is avoiding contacting me with the hopes that I will just quit. I don't know what to do. Please help!

Last edited:

Beth3

I'm sorry but in the last couple of weeks, I've probably read and responded to over 100 posts at various sites. I don't remember the particulars of yours and I can't respond to your new questions without re-reading the original situation.

Here's what you need to do. Find your original question from several weeks ago, then cut and past this new information as a "post reply" at the end of that thread. That'll bring your original post and the responses to the top of the board and then I and any other responders can review the whole situation and refresh ourselves on the details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">