• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shady dealings??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rachellew1

What is the name of your state?
california

hello again and thanks for your advice in advance..:)
I hired a lawyer for a very messy estate sitch on contigency...we were desperate and penniless...Finally...he managed to get a check for $4,000 out to us...!st one in months...a pittance considering the total worth and how long we've been 'on charity'/Broke. We Owe Everyone...not to mention that one of the 2 heirs is home under Hospice care.
We barely have enough to keep our services on and he's asking for a 1/3 back!!! Said he made a mistake??!! I am positive that hiring a lawyer on a 'contingency basis' means he/she collects at the end..when the case is settled. that's one of the tradeoff's I'm assuming...the client pays a heck of % for services rendered because the attorney is willing to wait it out.

I'm furious and do not feel he has any right to demand this of us...in addition, I'd like to 'look him up'...I've gotten some 'interesting' feedback from other attorney's...'get rid of him' in nature. and this was before this check situation.

Please advise.

Thanks much
xo R

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">