• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shady Inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PHSkids

Oregon
Does the owner of a rental house have the right to show up unannounced when permission is granted to repairman to do a repair? The rental is managed by a property management company. I feel a little violated that I was not given notice that the owner was going to show up.

PHSkids

Did the property owner arrange for the repair?
The property management scheduled one company and canceled, the told me that another company would be by earlier in the day, at the request of the owner. His involvement in the matter was unknown to me prior to the repair, in hindsight, he was the one that arranged the second company.

quincy

The property management scheduled one company and canceled, the told me that another company would be by earlier in the day, at the request of the owner. His involvement in the matter was unknown to me prior to the repair, in hindsight, he was the one that arranged the second company.
The property owner is permitted to oversee repairs on his property.

PHSkids

To clarify: Did the owner show up while the repairmen were there?
20 minutes after the repairman, the repairman was jimmy-rigging some plumber's strap to fit the new AC unit capacitor, that did not fit properly, when the owner showed up.

quincy

20 minutes after the repairman, the repairman was jimmy-rigging some plumber's strap to fit the new AC unit capacitor, that did not fit properly, when the owner showed up.
So it was good that the owner showed up ... to prevent a shoddy repair.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The owner is allowed to oversee the work, as you were told above. You've already given permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">