• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared custody responsibilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My soon to be ex wants shared custody of our two children (17 and 15). She is moving out of the family home and the kids will be staying with me.

What would her obligations be with shared custody as opposed to my having legal full custody ? This is not a fight over money I just want to know what her legal obligations would be.

Thank you

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My soon to be ex wants shared custody of our two children (17 and 15). She is moving out of the family home and the kids will be staying with me.

What would her obligations be with shared custody as opposed to my having legal full custody ? This is not a fight over money I just want to know what her legal obligations would be.

Thank you
You aren't going to get full legal custody. That is simply not going to happen. These days its almost always some form of joint/shared custody. At a minimum parents get joint decision making rights where their children are concerned.

If your question isn't about money, then I am not entirely sure that I understand what you mean by "obligations".

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And in Ohio, with joint physical custody, mom is required to cover her time if she cannot take it. Things are changing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">