• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She backed into my son's car. Now she won't give insurace info.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member

My son works at a local fast food joint. Two weeks ago a coworker backed into my son's parked truck and then drove off doing $1,200 in damage (body shop estimate). A witness notified my son. My son failed to get a police report. The next day the coworker admitted damaging my son's car and her father offered to have the car fixed. But now he says there was already damage to the car (untrue) and he will only pay half the cost and then only if we let his friend fix it. His friend is a body shop worker and offered to fix the car for $350. The father refuses to provide insurance information. The coworker has quit working at the fast food joint and has gone back to school.

Should I file under my uninsured moterist insurance? I will be out $250 deductible. Should I go to small claims court? Thank you in advance for your advice.


Senior Member
Have your son and his witness go to the police and file a report. Turn in the accident to your insurance company then sue the other party in small claims court.


Junior Member
Uninsured motorists coverage

Your uninsured coverage (UMPD) won't pay unless you can prove that the driver was, in fact, uninsured. That's your first step.


Senior Member
Your first step is to have your son file an accident report. Then, contact your insurance company, give the other person's info, and they'll get their insurance info for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential