• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She beat me to it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

h0rsepwr

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was going to be filing for custody next Wednesday, but come to find out, the ex filed on the 11th. I have an appointment with my lawyer on the 25th, and was kind of hoping I would be served by then so I could bring them with me. Is there any way I can pick up these papers somewhere or do I have to wait to be served and then just re-schedule with my lawyer?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Absolutely.

Go to the courthouse and see the Family law filing clerk. Give him/her your name and ask to see the file. If there is a file, ask the clerk to make copies for you.

Simple.

IAAL

H

h0rsepwr

Ok, cool. Thanks. Just thought I'd ask since the courthouse here never seems to know what's going on when I call. I'll make a trip there Monday during my lunch break if I don't get served tonight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">