• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

she is shopping on my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mayra362

years ago i oppened an account on a furtinure store with and old roomate, we dont see each other anymore, and she is using my credit to charge thoursands of dollars on my name, I just got a collection letter, what can I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mayra362 said:
years ago i oppened an account on a furtinure store with and old roomate, we dont see each other anymore, and she is using my credit to charge thoursands of dollars on my name, I just got a collection letter, what can I do?
My response:

You had to have known about this for a very long time. The store would have been sending you bills, long before they sent the account to collections, and ruined your credit.

Why didn't you go to the police with your proof when you first knew about this matter?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">