• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sherriff Sale in Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momx6

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hi,
I need any and all advice!!! Our home in Michigan has a 1st mortgage and a Home Equity Line of Credit. We are behind on both mortgages and the house has been put up for Sherriff sale by the credit union who holds the 2nd mortgage. We have relocated to a different state due to a new job, and have only listed a P.O. Box as our new address. What is the most likely chain of events? We have had the house on the market for about 2 months and only learned of the Sherriff's sale from our realtor. I am most concerned about a deficiency judgement by either of the mortgage holders. Would they need to personally serve us to get a judgement against us? My husband just started a new job that ran a credit and background check. They made it clear to him in no uncertain terms that any personal credit issues would affect his position because he is responsible for the finances of his department, and they feel if a person could not handle their personal finances, they should not be in a position to handle the company's finances.

Please give me the worse case scenarios and the most likely outcomes. Thank you so much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">