• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shipping Damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Abigail Castillo

We moved from the East Coast to the Caribbean. We shipped our household goods along with two vehicles directly from the shipping lines. When we received our goods much of it was damaged and items were missing. It went thru customs and upon our receipt of the container it looked like havoc struck. We made our claim with the shipping line and they indicated that they were not responsible for the damages. They suggested that we send a claim to the warehouse that unpacks the containers for U.S. Customs to inspect. A representative for the shipping line arrived at our home and took pictures of the damaged goods. My request is how do I address the warehouse in my cover letter. I am acting in good faith in stating the damaged goods. It has also affected me how this warehouses' personnel can supposedly pack items with total disregard. My babys' crib mattress had boot prints on it,(what makes someone walk on a babys' mattress like if it was garbage). Please advise if you can help me. I live in a very small town on this island and I really don't know how to contact a good lawyer here. No references have been given to us by residents.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Abby

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">