• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisasandoval

My husband was arrested by security guards and then taken into custody an written a ticket by police for shoplifting a t-shirt and calculator (value approx. $40. We go to court on Thurs. 8-24-00. How should he proceed? What are his rights? The store has now put him into collection to recover the value of the above items (they have them)in excess of $250. Can he fight this? Cna he get this lowered? He will in all likelyhood have to pay a fine and then some. Please help, I am desperate.

T

Turnkey

Mrs Lisa,how old is your hubby?Doesnt he have a job to pay for such meaningless items?Thats pretty pathetic,he must be one good role model for your kids.Obviously he is guilty so why do you want to fight it?My advice to you is drop the low life and find a real man who doesnt have to take what isnt his.This is the most pathetic case Ive read on this site thus far.

L

lisasandoval

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turnkey:
Mrs Lisa,how old is your hubby?Doesnt he have a job to pay for such meaningless items?Thats pretty pathetic,he must be one good role model for your kids.Obviously he is guilty so why do you want to fight it?My advice to you is drop the low life and find a real man who doesnt have to take what isnt his.This is the most pathetic case Ive read on this site thus far.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked for advise, not someone to judge, I'll leave that to the courts. Thanks for nothing.

T

turnkey

Im quite sure the courts will find the same way I did,what a looser.Tell that knucklehead of yours to grow up.You want advice?Go buy one of those dog shocking devices so everytime you see him stealing you can give him a jolt.Make sure you wipe his butt real good before bed tonight!!!!!

A

anaturbo

it is real easy to judge someone when you do not know them. if you get this before court good luck although you probley will not need it. he will be o.k. and so will you. my first time I got a small fine ignore those asses that bashed your hubby they don't have a clue but back to the fine most corts will allow a payment plan the store might ask for money loss prevention they called me on the phone after I finished in court I said no and never heard from them again.but I didnt learn now i'm lookin at at least 2 years for other things so feel better it could be worse

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">