• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short-term Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sunshine65

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? CA

I have been receiving horrible treatment from the company who handles my STD. My benefits should be weekly but I have been out since July and have only received 2 payments. They have been about 30 to 38 days apart. It's always, we need more info. I have been really on top of things and so have my treating doctors. They are very upset and advised me to get a lawyer, because they both agree they are being treated like unprofessionals and the treatment I have received will only make my condition worse. When I asked the insurance co. the reason for the delays she stated, well your company only allows 2 weeks for this disabilty. Then I asked her again this past week and she said the information my doctor provided does not support my STD claim. I spoke to my doctor who laughed and said you really need a lawyer this is very upsetting that they are behaving so unprofessionally. They have harassed me by calling me telling me they can't read my doctors notes (who can) they told my other doctor that unless he releases my medical notes they will deny my claim. This doctor said to me that this is bull and he has patient/doctor confidentiality. He will let them know that I keep scheduled appts, treatment etc. I'm so confused!! Should I get a lawyer? Oh yes, I have been harassed at my job also very long story relating to the disability. All I can say is HELP!!!

S

Sunshine65

Just a thanks for responding so quickly.
I'm going to check the site now!:)

C

coosi

You probably won't get much "professional" help there on the weekend. Give it a couple of days...Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">