• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

short term disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HTrainer

I need some help here!!!!!!!!!
To make a real long story short, I left work on 1/11 to start short term disabilty for pregnancy ( I am due in April) My employer filled out the paper work, I filled out my part and the Dr. filled in her part. I found out that the claim was denied because of the policy being cancelled. The ins. co. informed me that they automatically have to deny or approve a claim when they get it and then check for info after. They are currently checking on the coverage. My question? What rights do I have? It was my employer who advised early short term disability and now I have not received any income since 1/11 and now I have no idea what is going to happen.

ALawyer

Any insurance company that automatically denies first and then investigates is acting in bad faith and illegally.

Report that to the state insurance department.

Beyond that press the case with the insurare or ask the employer for an advance or borrow the money from someone else.

H

HTrainer

Thank you for the info. I got a call the other day from my employer that the coverage section was all cleared up and the ins. co is just waiting for more info. from my Dr.

The ins. co. sent me a letter stating the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">