• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

short term disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Smith9700

What is the name of your state? Michigan
What is the name of your state? Michigan
My question is this: I have been on short term disability for over 4 months now. my boss is giving me a real hard time bout transfering to a different store. the reason for the request of the transfer is i find the employees and 3 managers are looking to push me out the exit door. I have a job offer and would like to know can i quit after my short term disability is paid without having to payback any of these benefits?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know where this rumor comes from that STD benefits will have to be repaid if people leave their jobs but there is no truth to it whatsoever. No, you will not have to repay STD benefits.

You might be required to repay the employer for health insurance premiums that were paid on your behalf. You will not have to repay STD benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">