• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short-term disibality insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AzMsMataz

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have another question relating to my pregnency and quiting my job - since it seems that I'm getting no choice in this situation to quit - I know that I can get on my husbands insurance - however I have been paying for short term disibility (just for the purpose of maturnitity leave) (sorry about the spelling) My short term disibility company does consider it a short term disibility - however with the way things are going here at work I figured I would work like temp agency's till I had the baby - would I be able to take my short term disibility insurance with me??? I know I can't get a new policy but I want to keep the policy I have. Is it at all posible???

Nikki

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Disability coverage is not covered under COBRA, so if the STD policy is one you have been paying for through your employer, I would say there is NO chance that you will be able to continue it. If it's one that you have paying for privately with no connection to your employment, then your changing jobs would have nothing to do with it and you would most likely be able to keep it. Either way, the answer is contractual, not legal - you will have to look at the terms of the policy for your final answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">