• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short Term / Long Term Disablity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kasmira

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Please advise what type of attorney we should consult for an issue with Short Term and Long Term Disability matters. I don't specifically see that issue covered.

My husband has been out on Short Term Disability since February and now that it is time that he is eligible for Long Term Disability, he has just been denied for Short Term Disability. He hadn't yet applied for Long Term Disability.

The decision was made weeks ago and it took them two weeks to send out a letter advising us of the decision. We received a letter on 8/8/05 dated 7/27/05 that he was denied effective 7/17/05.

Where do we start and what type of Attorney do we consult?

Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since his eligibility for any kind of disability depends on the terms of the policy, any general practice attorney who knows how to read a contract should do.

However, nothing in your post suggests that you have any legal action to bring.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">