• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shotty construction when addition was built in 1998

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trxie

I'm from Minnesota and had a 2nd story put on our rambler in 1998. We have several issues resulting in shotty construction and I'm wondering if the builder should be responsable to fix these problems or if it's to late to have them resolve these issues. We tried to get them fixed back when the construction was complete but had trouble getting the builder to come out to the house, so time slipped by. When we go to sell, I'm sure we will need these issue resolved: 1) the floor in the bedroom is not square and level. We cannot close the bedroom door and any funiture we place against the wall tips out from the wall by 3-5 inches. It feels like your walking downhill when entering the bedroom. 2) The floor creates loud groans and sqeeks during the winter months when walked across. The builder tried to resolve this issue by screwing in several drywall screws, but to no avail) 3) The outlet in the bathroom becomes intermittent when we walking across the bedroom suggesting a break in the current.(a potentioal fire danger?) Can we get the builder to fix these problems or is it going to be to late in the process? And how do I approch the builder and get information on how to proceed? Also, some of the material in the contract bid were not used. The contract called for "Builtrite" sheathing and pylwood was used instead. (I have pictures during construction)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">