• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I answer counter-complain?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xz2019

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

For a case I'm the defendant. I filed third-party complain against Jon, then Jon filed counter-complain.

Should I file to answer the counter-complain?
What would happen if I don't file the answer for the counter-complain for more than a month?

Mass_Shyster

Thanks Mass_Shyster,
Now more than 50 days passed, if I file the answer now, would it help?
I am not familiar with the rules in your state. I think a court would be reluctant to enter a default judgment after an answer was filed. You may need to file a motion to expand the time to file an answer.

quincy

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

For a case I'm the defendant. I filed third-party complain against Jon, then Jon filed counter-complain.

Should I file to answer the counter-complain?
What would happen if I don't file the answer for the counter-complain for more than a month?
Here is a link to North Carolina’s Rules of Civil Procedure:
https://www.ncleg.gov/Laws/GeneralStatuteSections/Chapter1A

If there is a lot of money at stake in this lawsuit, you would be smart to consult with an attorney in your area - this especially so if you are puzzling over the Rules of Procedure.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">