• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I file?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonnyp38

:confused: What is the name of your state? texas
recently my credit report went from good to bad due to 2 late payments on a credit card and one debt collection for a cell phone co.
my creditor for that card raised my interest rate to 28.9% and all other creditors followed suit by raising rates to well above 20%. I can no longer afford to pay these bills along with all my other bills and cost of living. I've tried credit counselors to no avail and recently tried to consolidate through loan, not enough equity. bankruptcy has never been in my vocabulary until now. Is this my only other option? if so, should I file for chapter 7 or 13?
any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Debt Guy

Texas has very generous exemptions. So, if you are going to file, then file Chapter 7 and be done with the whole mess.

Hurry like a rabbit because the laws are about to change.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">