• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I hire a lawyer to renew my Green Card because of my Misdemeanor traffic?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LioAnd

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I got my GC based on marriage on 2001. I got arrested for a DUI on 2009. I had no criminal record in my country and USA. DA offered me a deferred FELONY provided 2 years probation and alcohol classes, because I ran away from patrol cars when I was pulled over. I completed my community services, alcohol classes, then my case was dismissed 2 years later. I hired a lawyer to renew my GC in 2012. My second car accident occurred on Sep 2018. On the intersection, my left mirror hit on her arm, I didn't stop and drove away. She called me on police, and I was charged "Careless driving and Misdemeanor Traffic", since she didn't get seriously injured. I hired a lawyer and I ended up paying a fine, taking a driving course and got point reductions, my driving license was not revoked nor suspended.
I had NO problem to enter back into USA from Europe in Sep, 2019. Also I was approved for TSA Pre & Global Entry last year, then I had NO problem to enter back into USA from Europe in Oct 2021.
I'm planning to renew it online by myself first, then I must hire a lawyer when my renewal of GC will denied.
Or should I hire a lawyer to renew my GC from beginning this year!?

doucar

With your history of trying to avoid responsibility for your actions, I would at least consult with an attorney before I did anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">